"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Still Going Strong



11/9 - Russia has an excessive amount of manholes and it makes it very difficult to avoid them for someone who has fallen in one. This particular spot has about six but only four are shown - it's ridiculous!!

11/10 - My uncle Jim died on Wednesday and my wonderful co-teachers pulled together and got me some flowers and wrote me a card. It was so nice of them!! Oh and the water jug was Natalie's idea :)

11/11 - Dear Sun, I love you very much but am rather confused as to why you are here in Russia. Don't get me wrong, it's wonderful to wake up to you but you do realize it's Russia? Much love, Lisa


11/12 - Just another everyday type of picture. These are my keys. That's a magnet on the left that everyone uses to get through gates and doors to their apartments. It takes three doors with the magnet and one with the key to get into my apartment!!

11/13 - This is a memorial for the 900 Day Siege here in St. Petersburg where the city was blockaded for 900 days. Look it up, it's incredibly fascinating and will make you so grateful for what you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment