"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, November 8, 2010

Week Long Trip

Okay, you better get ready because this is going to be a long one. Being gone for a week and a half is hard on blogs!
10/27 - Good morning St. Petersburg! Getting pretty chilly there!

10/28 - This is the arts and crafts project we did this week. I think the green one is my favorite :)

10/29 - This is one of my favorite students, Natasha. She's super smart but also a little sassy which makes it fun! We were playing dress up here for class.

10/30 - The first full day of our vacation, in Estonia. This was at a restaurant we went to called Old Hansa. It was as legit a medieval restaurant as you could get. Wonderful!

10/31 - Halloween. We had to celebrate it so we used anything we could find to paint our faces and messed up our hair then just ran around Tallinn with everyone else that was dressed up

11/1 - Made it to Finland and the temple housing. This is right after I learned the water was safe in Sweden and ran for the sink to drink from the tap for the first time in two months!

11/2 - This is on a little island just out from Helsinki. It was incredibly beautiful and quiet. What a perfect getaway from Russia!

11/3 - Another oven outside? I don't understand why this keeps happening. I was pretty excited for this picture though because I think I look like a legit backpacker!

11/4 - IKEA in Stockholm!!! The largest IKEA in the world

11/5 - This is at a little park called Skansen. Super cute and full of old Swedish culture. I saw this cannon and asked Kailin to take a picture of me with it. They were shocked when I just got down and knew exactly what I wanted

11/6 - The Stockholm temple. It was great to get to do baptisms here. They asked if they could say my last name the Swedish way - I just loved being where my family comes from!

11/7 - Kelsey and I on the plane. I just love this girl!!

11/8 - Umm... wasn't it just sunny in Stockholm? We came home to a snow storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment