"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, September 16, 2011

I CAN COOK!!!

I want to be able to cook.  I don't know why this urge has suddenly become apparent but I really want to have this ability.  So what did I do to solve this?  I bought a crock pot and stole my mom's cookbook "101 Things To Do With A Slow Cooker."  I've been pretty excited to use it because it has everything you could think of from pork meals to hot chocolate.  Yesterday I decided to do my first try at a crock pot and I think it was successful!  I picked chicken fajitas (I know, what a shocker right?) and doesn't that just look delicious?  All I did was put some chicken, peppers, onions, and salsa in and let it cook for 5 hours.  How easy!  It turned out a little soupy though I think because I added too much salsa.  It's hard to modify a recipe for a 2 quart crock pot.  Anyways, stay tuned for my next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment