"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Tiny Rant

wedding cake toppers pictures
This morning at work, I was shooting the breeze with a coworker when we got to talking about graduation.  We discovered that we are both graduating the same time and while I was excited, my coworker immediately says, "You better find a man!"  Really?  I mean really.  I can't tell you how many times I hear this phrase and how angry it makes me especially since I am almost done with BYU-I.  It was fine a few years ago but it seems that at the ripe old age of 21, I have become a spinster.  I just want to let everyone know that although I am not married, engaged, or even in a relationship, I am happy.  I mean I am TRULY happy and honestly feel like I am doing everything right in my life.  The decisions I am making and the direction I am going all feels good and I am not concerned.   It's not like I don't have any friends or aren't out making new ones; I have been out every night since I got back to Rexburg doing things with friends and making new ones!  It just can often feel like everyone thinks I am going to die at 22 and need to be sealed so I have to get married to the next available man immediately.  I know what I am worth and I know what I want and won't settle for less even if it takes a little longer than everyone else.   I mean come on, isn't that just my style to do things different from everyone else?  What's the title of this blog anyways?  Okay, so I am done with my rant now and I don't mean for this post to sound angry but when you see me next, please don't ask me when I am getting married; I promise you, when that day comes, the world will know! :)

1 comment:

  1. Well said, MISS Lisa! You are amazing and wonderful and I'm excitedly happy to see the direction you are taking with your life. Keep it up! Lova you!!!

    ReplyDelete